- 1 cup of rice
- 40 g of butter
- 250 g of boneless chicken thighs
- olive oil
- 300 g of mushrooms
- 1 small red onion
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons of dried garlic
- 500 ml of broth
- 250 ml of whipping cream
- salt and pepper
Chicken is not boring. A new tip will turn a 100 kroner meal into a treat
1. Melt 20 g of butter in a pan and fry a pan of unwashed jasmine rice on it. Fry for about two minutes on medium heat.
2. Then pour a cup and a half of water. Add salt and boil.
3. Cover with a lid and place in an oven heated to 180°C. We mix occasionally. Bake for 20 minutes until the rice is tender.
4. After baking, remove the lid, stir and let the steam escape.
5. Cut the chicken into smaller cubes. Season with salt, pepper and add olive oil. We are mixing.
6. Heat the pan and add the chicken (do not add oil to the pan). Fry for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden brown. Then set aside.
7. Add olive oil to the pan and add mushrooms cut into thicker slices.
8. Fry until they start to get a slightly golden color.
9. At that moment, add finely chopped onion and fry for another two minutes.
10. Add cumin and fry for another minute.
11. Pour in the broth, add salt and pepper, add dried garlic and cook on low heat for 15 minutes. We mix occasionally.
12. Add sour cream and cook until it thickens.
Eight great tips for softening butter
13. When the ragu gets the right thickness, return the meat and let it heat up.
14. Turn off the stove and mix in the rest of the butter and chopped parsley.
15. Serve with rice.
David in the kitchen is a chef who tries to show people that preparing quality and delicious food at home does not have to be a science. For the second year, he creates a new recipe every day for your inspiration. You can also follow David’s recipes on Instagram.