The recipe for chicken breast with leeks was sent to us by listener Anna from Hustopeči. She learned it from her friend. He says he is one of the most popular in their family. Thanks to Appetite, you can learn it too.
you will need:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1 leek
- 250 ml of chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- a pinch of dried marjoram
- Clean the leeks, wash the green parts well under running water and cut everything into thin rings or strips.
- Transfer to a shallow pan, cover with stock, add half of the butter and cook gently for 8-10 minutes, until the leeks are soft and some of the liquid boils enough to submerge the leeks.
- Cut each piece of meat into two thin slices, salt and pepper them on both sides.
- Then put the meat in the leek, and cover it with part of the leek on top.
- Close the lid and cook gently for another 10 minutes until the meat is tender.
- When the meat is soft, take it out on a plate.
- Increase the power of the stove and, while constantly stirring, partially reduce the liquid under the leeks.
- Set aside, season with lemon juice, salt and pepper, stir in the rest of the butter and serve immediately.
- You can also mix leek juice, rice or couscous is great as a side dish.
Cheese from the oven
Fried cheese is one of the classics of Czech restaurants, especially when served with a generous portion of tartare. But you can prepare it at home in a healthier form.
Pickled Hermelin cheese
Pickled ermine is a classic, with which you will definitely treat yourself to a good beer or prepare it at home for a visit.
Angry birds according to listener Radmila
Listener Radmila from Valašská Meziříča sent us a recipe that is very popular in her family. Even the male part of the family calls it “the food of kings”.