| Reading time 3 minutes
Thinking about what to cook for lunch or dinner? The main thing is to do it quickly and well. We have a tip for an easy chicken breast in onions under cheese that everyone will appreciate. In half an hour you are done…
An important part of this recipe is onion, a raw material that is an inseparable part of Czech cuisine. We use it as a base for meat, it is part of soups and sauces, we use it raw in salads, for example. It gives dishes a better and more pronounced taste. As you surely know, there is not only one type of onion, which type is suitable for what?
Which onion do you use most often?
- Yellow onion – also called kitchen onion, due to its most common use in our kitchen, it has a more pronounced taste and smell, it is used in hot cooking, under meat, in soups, sauces.
- Red onion – attractively colored onions are among the most aromatic, but have a milder taste than kitchen onions. It adds variety to the salad, gives a better taste to the meat skewers, and is also suitable for grilling. The popular onion chutney is often prepared from it.
- Delicate onion – also known as spring onion, because it is the first green spring onion that the garden will bring. Oporog has an aromatic taste, it is excellent for spreads, salads or you can use it to perfectly decorate your dishes.
- Garlic – popular in Mediterranean cuisine, it is also used raw because it has a very mild, sweet taste
- Shallot – you can also use it as a substitute for leek, it does not have such a sharp taste.
Did we tempt you with an onion recipe? Try ours with red onion.
Stewed red onions have a great taste.
Chicken breast with onion and cheese
- 2 chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 red onions
- 1 package of Camembert cheese
- ½ red pepper
- salt and pepper
- for subterfuge:
- 2 tablespoons of sweet chili sauce
- 1 spoon of soy sauce
- 60 ml of hot water
- Peel the onion, cut it in half and cut it into thin slices. Then fry it in hot oil. Add a spoonful of hot water, salt and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Wash the chicken breast, dry it and cut it on a plate, which you tap lightly. Then add salt and pepper on both sides.
- Divide the stewed and cooled onion into three parts. Arrange one and the other part on meat plates, add a piece of cheese and a strip of paprika. Fold the meat over and fasten with a toothpick, pin or wrap with thread. Place the last part of the onion on the side of the pan, add the meat rolls and fry them on both sides.
- Then put the onion under the meat, add both sauces and cover with 60 ml of hot water. Simmer lightly covered for about 10 minutes.
- Serve topped with sauce, sprinkled with sautéed onions.
Sources: www.vimcojim.cz, www.toprecepty.cz