- 2 smaller chicken breasts
- 200 ml of broth
- 1.5 spoons of honey
- juice of 1 lemon
- 30 g of butter
- ground chili (optional)
- 400 g of French fries
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
Chicken is not boring. A new tip will turn a 100 kroner meal into a treat
1. First, let’s make the base for the sauce. Put the soup and honey in a saucepan and let it boil until it thickens.
2. It is better to leave the sauce thinner, the honey will harden as it cools, so the sauce should not be too thick. It is best to boil the broth with honey, let it cool a little and, if necessary, dilute it to the desired thickness. Then add lemon juice.
2. Cut the chicken breast in half lengthwise.
3. Finely chop the parsley.
4. Heat a pan with olive oil and fry the chicken breast until golden brown on both sides (do not salt or pepper the breast beforehand).
5. Then let the chicken breast bake for 6 minutes at 180 °C.
6. In the meantime, heat the sauce.
7. Turn off the stove under the sauce and stir in the cubes of cold butter.
Eight great tips for softening butter
8. At the end, mix parsley, if desired, and ground chili into the sauce and add a little salt.
9. Take the chicken breast out of the oven and let it rest for a while. Only now can we lightly add salt and pepper.
10. Then we serve. Pour the sauce over the chicken breast, add the fries and add the arugula that we mixed with a little olive oil.
David in the kitchen is a chef who tries to show people that preparing quality and delicious food at home does not have to be a science. For the second year, he creates a new recipe every day for your inspiration. You can also follow David’s recipes on Instagram.