Looking for advice on the perfect summer lunch or dinner? Baked chicken may seem like a boring classic at first glance, but lemon gives it a completely unusual flavor and a great crust. Do not be afraid of improvisation, in this case you are guaranteed to enjoy it.
Chicken meat is very popular in Czech kitchens due to its quick preparation and mild taste. However, it is not harmful at all, on the contrary. Thanks to this, you can combine chicken with stronger spices or individual ingredients. Like blogger Koko in this video recipe.
- 3 chicken legs with the skin divided into drumsticks and drumsticks
- 1 large organic lemon
- lots of fresh thyme (ideally lemon thyme)
- tablespoon fish seasoning mix including lemon zest and herbs (can be omitted)
- pepper (maybe lemon again)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 80 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar (or balsamic vinegar)
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 3 spoons of honey
- 6 cloves of garlic
- possibly water or broth to thin the sauce at the end, if necessary
Divide the chicken thighs into two parts and season the meat well on both sides. Salt, pepper, add spices to the fish with lemon grass (if you have it). Fry the sticks in a pan on both sides, add a clove of garlic, thyme, drizzle with a spoonful of sherry vinegar or balsamic vinegar, add soy, a little water and three spoons of liquid honey. Place lemon slices between the meat and bake.
Leave the meat in the oven for 40 minutes to bake, and you can leave it for more than an hour for it to fall off the bone. If too much liquid evaporates during this process, put the pot back on the stove and add a little water or unsalted chicken stock, boil briefly and you’re done. Sprinkle with fresh herbs and ideally serve with basmati rice. Baked potatoes or French fries would work too. And put the baked slices of lemon on the plate, they taste great.